Please join FDA for a webinar on Monday, October 26, 2020 from 3 to 4 p.m. on the highlights of the first 100 days since FDA issued its blueprint for the New Era of Smarter Food Safety. During this one-hour webinar, Deputy Commissioner Frank Yiannas and leaders of the four Core Elements of the blueprint will discuss the new approach FDA is taking to food safety, leveraging technology and other tools to create a safer and more digital, traceable food system.
You will hear about:
- The people at FDA who are leading this effort, their vision for achieving the goals set forth in the blueprint, and an inside look at how they are doing that.
- The milestones/achievements of the first 100 days since the blueprint was issued.
- Key next steps and priorities for the next two years – and beyond.
- Our plans to engage with stakeholders
Remarks provided by:
- Frank Yiannas, Deputy Commissioner for Food Policy and Response, FDA
- Leaders of the Core Element teams:
- Core Element 1: Tech Enabled Traceability
- Core Element 2: Smarter Tools and Approaches for Prevention and Outbreak Response
- Core Element 3: New Business Models and Retail Modernization
- Core Element 4: Food Safety Culture
There will be an opportunity to ask questions. The webinar will be recorded and posted to the FDA website.
Registration is required; please register at your earliest convenience as space will be limited. Registration will close on Thursday, October 22, 2020 at 5 pm ET.